Cosas del día a día: The expat files: Qué se siente al ser extrangero durante muchos años?

Bueno, un artículo en The Independent inrteresante, no sólo salen british, trata de gente que se fue a vivir a otro país hace al menos 10 años y de cómo se han ido adaptando.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-expat-files-what-is-it-really-like-to-be-a-longterm-stranger-in-a-foreign-land-8294631.html

Pongo aquí una de las experiencias de alguine que como nosotros se vino a UK:

-------------

Jennifer Dubet, 31

London

In France, the reputation of English people is that they are really phlegmatic and really polite. When I moved to England, I realised they are really drunk and really friendly. I came to London to study arts and fashion in 1999. I'm from the South of France, in the suburbs of Toulouse. The quality of life there is really nice, but it is small and not exactly crazy. I had been to London a couple of times as a teenager and thought the whole of the UK was like Camden. For the first three months I lived in Homerton in east London, which was terrifying; my flatmate was held at gunpoint. So when I moved to Camberwell it seemed nice and villagey by comparison.

Because I was studying I met people quite easily. There were a few language difficulties at the beginning; once I moved here I realised I didn't really speak English. For the first few years when I went back to Toulouse everyone my age was partying because there is not much to do there – but now people my age in Toulouse have settled down with kids, but not so much in London. In London the party never stops.

My favourite thing about this city is the people, there is always something exciting around the corner. Hardly anyone is really from London; because everyone is from somewhere else you become like a surrogate family to each other. I am closer to some of my friends here than I am to my own family. I find my relationships with my friends here are very different to the ones my friends in Toulouse have with one another. When I go back, all my old friends are nit-picking at each other. But with my friends in London, we appreciate each other; we haven't bonded because we all grew up together, but because we all chose each other.

I will always be French but I definitely consider myself a Londoner. I have stopped having 'pink glasses' when I look at the city but I am still amazed every time I go over Tower Bridge; it is like living in a postcard.

People in London care less about what people do for some things, for other things they care more. If I smoked when I was pregnant in Toulouse people would not say anything but if I wore a green jacket everyone would stare at me.

Este tema ha sido cerrado por la Administración de Spaniards.es y no permite añadir más comentarios.