A large US multinational company is seeking a seasoned User Interface Designer on a contract basis who will build user interface design concepts and prototypes.
Based in Dublin, Ireland, the User Interface Designer is responsible for user interface design efforts for new and existing products. The User Interface Designer will work with product management, development departments and the BU to interpret and translate business requirements into a visual product, including prototyping and stand-alone screen designs for development whilst providing a valuable customer experience.
• Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for web applications, to optimise ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
• Work with engineers, managers, product managers, QA, and operation teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to goals and principles.
• Analyze high level requirements to develop user flows, wireframes and functional prototypes.
• Translate end-user goals into effective design solutions, and manage those solutions from concept through completion. Supervise final compositions in collaboration with business and technical teams. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Must quickly understand business goals and help define user friendly processes, and features
• Take the lead on developing the UI strategy.
• Lead white-boarding sessions with stakeholders
• Contribute to usability standards to ensure an efficient, effective, consistent and predictable user experience.
• Develop industry and product technical expertise.
• Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be fluent in English, and will have:
• BS/BA in a related field.
• 5 + years of professional UI experience with proven customer-facing web design skills.
• Experience with working on and leading cross functional teams to accomplish UI design projects. (Personal portfolio site or work samples required).
• Experience with designing website interfaces as well as applications.
• Demonstrated understanding of web front-end technologies (CSS, HTML, Flash), their feasibilities and limitations in terms of design.
• Knowledge of architecture-related software (Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver).
• The candidate must be an excellent communicator and strong leader in a work environment that is fast paced and values teamwork.
• Must have experience developing high traffic customer-facing web applications, that interact with a database.
• Strong web graphics production capability and practioner experience with Flash, Visio and other mockup tools.
• Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
• High energy and a desire to work in a results oriented, fast growth, team oriented environment.
• Clarity of vision, and the ability to maintain the ‘big picture’ coupled with the ability to make quick decisions as needed.
• Comfortable managing multiple projects within a start-up or fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, as well as in an international setting.
• Ability to work both independently and with flexibility.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
This position will require regular international travel to the US.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the contractor assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the contractor so classified.